joi, 18 decembrie 2008

beautiful marek

found a passport on the streets some days ago. a czech passport- inside, the picture of a beautiful boy named marek. i was secretly hoping i will find him at the czech embassy and that he will love me forever because i saved his life. so i took the passport at the czech emb, which is somewhere near notting hill. 2 blonde guys in front of the door, looking at the speaker. i ask them what's the main entrance, they show me the door in front of them. the door opens, and a huge guy, 3 sizes me looks at me from up and asks what do i want. "i found a passport", i say. "on the street". oh, says the huge guy and makes me a sign to go in. i go in, the door closes. the 2 blonde guys remain outside. they look at me with hatred. the bodyguard, who seems a quarter afro-american, a quarter latin blood, and the rest of 2 quarters the human version od moby dick, looks at me, smiles and asks: "ce faci?". oh, you know romanian... i say. and answer- "bine". he smiles back. he knows: "bine", "foarte bine", "noapte buna", "la revedere". while waiting for the clerk guy at the office to finish his appointment, we talk more. "i love manele", he says. i laugh. he tells me he worked at a romanian restaurant - or a restaurant ran by romanians, i don't understand, and that they were always playing manele. romanians do a lot of bad things in europe, he says. and then- i had a girlfriend who was romanian. he smiles again. aha, i say, so that's hoe you know romanian. yes, he nods his head. i wonder how his girlfriend looked like. i recap the words he knows, which can be in fact the essence of their relationship: bine, foarte bine, noapte buna, la revedere. (good, very good, good night, good bye). then he looks at me and says- "foarte bine"!(very good) and he winks at the passport. many poeple would do all sprts of crazy things with a found passport. and then, to the office clerk, who is now looking at us: this nice lady found a passport. i give the passport in, the guy opens it, and looks at the picture- "my goodness", he says. i have the impression that's a reaction to marek's beauty. then he recovers from his amazement and says - it is still valid. then he smiles at me, a very nice guy, and says- thank you. i'm sure he will be very happy when he finds it. on my way out, moby dick waves his hand and says: "la revedere"! I pass the 2 blonde guys who definitely hate me for going in and out just like that, and head on to buy christmas presents.

Niciun comentariu: