vineri, 31 octombrie 2008

fake blood


lipstick.group work:let's have fun on ha lo w e e n. hallo ween. the butterflyish guys and the wanna-get-wasted-and-fucked-right-here-girls. hmm... is there something wrong with this picture? ok, so we get to a queue, the bodyguards act like prison guards- u have to be a student! u have to stay in line! one goes out, one goes in! (I forgot to tell you- this was a visit at the haloween party at student's union). all the people from the queue outside have the same makeup: blood. It's a mainly blood party. blood on the chin, blood on the cheeks, blood on almost everything. that's about it. There's a girl-dinozaur really shy inside, gently smiling around as ioana takes picuters. I don't know if she also wants a picture or she's just like that. the girl-dinozaur seems nice. and lonely, in her dinozaur outfit.

when you get a drink you have to wait like 30 minutes at least and smash yourself among the other bodies. there's a nice marilyn- manson- in- misery-guy-but- with- a- nice- smile at the bar. and everybody is just glad to have somebody takin pictures of them. they are proud. we meet superman. and the strumphs. (strumphs? is that correct? the strumphs?). everybody looks around to see who sees them. they act like I'm havin so much fun- I'm fun, and I'm funny, and I'm into it, I'm soo groovy and so into it... can u see? i would so much like to see that you see ME. or ME! or ME!

u can't get drunk because the drinks are too expensive, and you can't steal drinks because all the people drink everything until the last bit. because of course it's expensive. so floating in this I would like to get wasted, in fact I'm so willing to get wasted, but I can't afford it, but I'm here at the student's union, so it's gonna be sooo much fun, everybody's kind of full of enthusiasm in faking it. to be honest, at the beginning I was looking around amazed that they are taking this haloween thing so seriously. i mean- they really worked hard on that make-up. and i'm a bit superior, like- ok, that's lame.all the blood thing and shit. after that, i think that they are just young and having fun and there's nothing wrong in that. after that I begin to think like- those people really have no problems. then i was like- ok maybe I just come from a different background. maybe my childhood was different. I would never wear that shit, not even when i was 18. but maybe that's just because I'm a bit sour? and again- maybe just because my childhood was different? and the context and all? maybe it's ok to spend all that time in doing this:


I never went to a halloweeen party before, and wouldn't have imagined that I could go to one- except that here you just wanna see everything and take it as it comes. do it like they do it on discovery channel. i never saw santa claus in a red suit and with a beard coming to my house- and in fact I'm glad I didn't. to me it was more honest and poetic- santa claus was a mystery, until i discovered that my parents were santa claus, which was a big step in my growing up. and a honest one. they never pretended to be someone they are not.

... and the party ends at 3 o'clock, and all the bloody strumphs go home. quietly. is there something wrong with this picture? or do i just come from a different background? actually, there's no good and bad, no right and wrong. it's just fake blood, that's all.

Niciun comentariu: