duminică, 19 octombrie 2008

first/last



Choose a job. Choose an optional course.

I saw a dead fox on the street, near the boardwalk, right next to hyde park corner. At first I thought it’s a dog, but there are no dogs in London. Seems like there are foxes, though. This morning i went for a walk. Everything was deserted. Then i realized it’s 8 o’clock in the morning. I’ve been sleeping for 12 hours. I was walking on the streets, random. Trying to think about things. All my memories and thougths are zipped. Archived. One night before i got here, i got into a fight. A farewell present from bucharest. Never got hit before in my life. Strange. I still look at the bruises on my hands and wonder what the fuck happened. Bogdan, my friend, was hit harder than me. But still i don’t know what to think about this.

So I’m here now. Without any frying pan. All the adaptors I buy are not working. I bought noodles today. And timeout. And cream crackers. And had the greatest breakfast ever, after my 8 o’clock walk, in a little shop with two old grandparent-like cooks- husband and wife, who made me toast with mushrooms, and smiled gently around me. I was a bit nervous because, during this morning walk, I kept meeting with a guy who thought I was coming home from a party.
Asked me if I’m spanish and if I have any boyfriend, and told me that his friend locked himself outside a house. „Have you been to the club last night?” I looked a bit amazed. „No, man, I’ve been sleeping the whole night.” He didn’t believe me. Thought I just want to get rid of him. „where are you from?” „Romania”. „Ohh, Romania. I thought you were spanish. You look spanish.” Told him I just want to take a walk and think about things. Seemed to be the perfect excuse. He left. Then I met him again and told me that he’s been locked out. Then I left again. I said- „well, you’re lucky it’s not raining”, and left, with a polite smile.

I am stuck just watching things happening around me, for a week- since i got home from timisoara. I just watch. As if my whole brain is zipped. I don’t know what to think about anything. And tensed like a cat. Ok. I will go try to buy another adaptor.


[later edit]

but you cannot be too tensed if you go down the streets and you see this...



















or this:



















or this:

Niciun comentariu: